Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I'm so happy that I was able to stay home last night with my family. I was on call at work and after working Christmas Eve and Christmas, I really didn't want to miss out this time. I work for Beehive Homes, an assisted living facility and I really love what I do.

I work the swing shift, so I'm not around when it's dinner and bed time. That is why last night was a huge treat for us all. I made sure the house was clean and festive and prepared a nice home cooked meal. We actually sat at the dinner table, which generally doesn't happen 99% of the time. Shawn and the kids usually microwave something and sit on the couch to watch cartoons during dinner. Sometimes Grandma will feed them. (Thanks Mom!)

Our family was too exhausted to stay up and welcome in the new year. That was until Evan decided that he needed a bottle at exactly 12pm. Daddy was the only coherent one, and after retrieving the bottle, gave me a very nice New Year's celebratory kiss. Thanks son!

Today Shawn and I are working, but I have had all morning with my kids. Evalie decided that she wanted us to rock the same hair-do. She calls it the, "Barbie and the Diamond Castle Princess hair!" She's so adorable.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope that 2009 will bring much happiness and prosperity to you and your families!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you had to work on those special days. Isn't it great to be with your family! Happy new year! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh I can't wait till my little girl gets older and can be that cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog! I swear we haven't talked since girls camp. Good times! Anyways our blog is KSHammond.blogspot.com. Check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete