Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

Current Events

Shawn and I are in the process of selling our carpet cleaning business. (know anyone who would be interested?) We have been running the business since 2005, and its been extremely challenging. However, I am grateful that it has allowed me the opportunity to stay at home with my children. During the tough months I get through knowing that Heavenly Father must be preparing me for whatever is to come in the future...

On that note, Shawn will be testing for the Coeur d' Alene police department on September 15 and then the Seattle police department on October 11. He has also thrown the idea around of testing in Las Vegas and Alaska, if he isn't hired on locally. I think that the stress level of running our own business will be the same caliber as having my husband in law enforcement. I'm so excited for him, it's something he has wanted to do for a long time and I'm finally on board with the decision.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Natalie...I so understand the struggles of owning a company. We will pray for you guys. Good luck and we love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! We found your blog through a number of other people, it's good too see you guys are doing so well! We miss Post Falls so much! The Police Force will be good. Especially if you don't have to move! Moving bites! (but it could be an adventure too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister's husband is a police officer in a small town in southern Idaho. It's definitely a different life than most families have, but for them it's been a great blessing because it's brought them closer. Because it's so different from other forms of employment, all the cop families also get really close. She has an extended family that could rival the support system the Church offers (fortunately she has both). Good luck to you. Great to see what you're up to.
    --Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla!! I can't believe I found you guys through the grape-vine! AND you guys had a little boy! Awesome! I think last time we saw Shawn(at Walmart, same as always) he said you were pregnant. Congrats! And both kids are beautiful! But wait...no Conan? :P

    Oh, and we live by Seattle just as an FYI, and hope the testing all goes great Shawn!

    ReplyDelete