Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our Cozy Cabin

Our little cabin is located in Athol, Idaho and sits on five treed acres. Yes, friends we are moving back to Athol. Just when we thought we had escaped. I guess we are just destined to be "Athols". Sorry, I know its a bad joke. I couldn't resist. :-)

Shawn and I are having fun picking out carpeting, paint and lighting fixtures. Tomorrow we are going to stop by Habitat for Humanity and find an inexpensive dining room light chandelier. The large living/dining room is really cool. There is built in shelving. Two walls and the ceiling are rough blue pine. And, all the windows and door ways in the house are trimmed out in rough blue pine as well. In the open doorway you can see part of the kitchen/laundry room. Its small and missing a dishwasher. But, I'm optimistic and I have a plan. I will train my husband to wash, dry and put his dishes away right after using them! Is that even possible...or am I just dreaming? Shawn would tell you that it comes equipped with a "two-handed dish washer, called The Wife."

This is a log that shoots from floor to ceiling in the middle of the room. At first I thought: "OK, this is a decorative feature, but what the heck am I supposed to do about furniture placement?" After our second viewing, and pulling out my measuring tape I figured it out. Now I actually like the tree. It has three small shelves in between the V of the branches that I am going to place candles on.

I am so excited to recruit my husband to put up Christmas lights! Can you imagine how adorable this place will look surrounded by snow and decked out in blinking red and green lights?
Just for the record, this will be our third move in 2008! Crazy. Hopefully some day we will buy a home and put down some roots. Until that day comes, I am going to enjoy our rental adventures.


4 comments:

  1. And I thought I had it bad. I'll have to move 2 times in less then a year. Not quite the same... That's a cute cabin. Where's it at exactly? Good luck with the move.
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I'm sure you'll get settled sooner or later but you can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I would love to live in a cabin. Sounds like fun. I demand photos of it in the snow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly what an adventure!! Miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete