Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Much Going On...

Girls Night Out

My sisters, like every other girl, are addicted to Twilight. My Mom has read all the books and seen the movie, but she won't admit she's addicted too. I went along with them to see the opening of the movie, at midnight. Jeez, ya think I love my sisters? I have just starting reading the first book, and of course, I love it.

We look as white as the vampires in this photo! Right after snapping this picture, (before the previews had even started) the mini-manager came over to threaten to take my camera away from me. What a Goober. She doesn't understand that I must feed my blogging addiction.


I promised Cabin updates, so here we go.


My project. I felt so HGTV-like when I fixed and re-used this chandelier from Habitat for Humanity.


My husband installed a slate entry way. A big thanks to my brother, Jake for donating the materials! (by the way, he does amazing stonework if anyone is interested). The tree came out so the new carpet could be installed. We were greatly blessed to have a friend with Copper Basin Construction. They gave us a smoking deal on the carpet. Thank you so much Linda and Robert!
Still to come...a new door, kitchen counter tops and we are thinking about sanding down and re-staining the cabinets. All materials of course will be scouted out at Habitat for Humanity. What a great find!

The Newest Dunkee...

Luke Patterson and my husband Shawn have been friends for about eight years. They met and worked together at 24 Hour Fitness, both as personal trainers. Luke was baptized on Saturday November 1. 2008, in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. When Shawn joined the church five years ago I remember him telling me that he was so excited to share the gospel and see his friends and family convert. So far, Luke is the first. (And, yes they are standing next to each other. Think...David and Goliath, only instead of a rock at his head, we just dunked him).














5 comments:

  1. Just commenting while I'm on the phone with you! Also wanted you to have the link to my blog! Later mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hildesheims, i googled my name (matt hildesheim) and as i thought my family was the only hildesheims in the U.S. i found you guys. I am 13 and live in PA. yay so for me this is pretty weird. so i hope we can some how keep in touch. I go to calvery of philly and go to a private christian skool. email me at duckfriends@gmail.com. its kool your husband got baptized...
    grace and peace
    MATTHEW HILDESHEIM google me... um i think you can find some old pics of me with my family at our church. i look goofy because i died my hair blonde. BYE

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a cute cozy place! Love the improvements you've made! Fun to have you in the ward again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's so touching Luke was baptized only months after destroying an LDS marriage! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL yep, he had an affair with Kami Paulson (Davis).

    ReplyDelete